Friday 11 January 2019

Sydney, Australia 2019 Day 7

Today was an awesome day. We met up with my friend Greg and his wife Rosemary. I  first met Greg when we moved from Potts Point to Rosebery, a Sydney suburb, in 1958. We met in grade 2 and became life long friends. We kept in touch by mail and then by phone when it became affordable. We reunited for the first time 36 years later when Jill and I first made it to Australia to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Greg and Rosemary met us at the airport and although we had not even seen pictures of each other, there was Greg calling out, “Peter, is that you”? as we exited customs. 

Today, we met at Darling Harbour where they took us out for a long lunch and a nice catch up. Lots of water under the bridge. We then took our respective trains back from the Town Hall Station which is just south on the most beautiful building in Sydney, The Queen Victoria Building.

Once in Kings Cross, we stopped at Harris Farms to get some fresh fish. We bought some filleted John Dory, my Dad’s favourite fish, for dinner. I had never had it before as it was very expensive when I was young. It was excellent. My Dad had good taste.

Before we caught the train to meet Greg, we checked out a place recommended for their Tuesday jam, El Rocco. They don’t open until 5 but now we know where they are in the Cross. Then in Darling Harbour, I popped into the Hard Rock Cafe to find out about their Monday open mic. They get players from around Sydney and beyond and were very welcoming. Next week should be a blast.







1 comment:

  1. What a perfect day you had. We enjoyed reading this yesterday at Tim Horton's but couldn't comment as I can only use Firefox on my computer. Greg looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Cuba Day 7, January 16, 2024

Our last day in paradise, is always a little melancholy on this beautiful sunny day. Saying goodbye to the wonderful Cubans we have met. We ...