Sunday 2 September 2018

Milos, Greece, Day 2

Milos, Greece, Day 2



A funny thing happened when I woke in the middle of the night. I started thinking about the boat excursions and which bathing suit I would bring. Panic struck me because I realized I had not packed the two I was planning to bring. First order of business, after a lovely breakfast included with our room, was shopping for a bathing suit.  Then we stocked up on olives, salami, marinated octopus, cheese and, of course, beer, wine and water for our room. We were hot and could not resist spending some time on our terrace with the cooling breeze, then it was off to the beach. The waters around Milos get some of the highest EU ratings for clarity and cleanliness. Our beach is a short walk from our hotel. It’s glorious and we didn't get out until after our fingers started pruning. It was mid-afternoon and we stopped for a late lunch at a waterside restaurant for a Greek salad, fried squid and cheese saganaki, plus half a litre of white wine, a bargain for 29 euros, CDN $45. Did I mention that a five litre box of Apelia white wine is 9.5 Euros, a little less than CDN $15? Saving! And we can take what's left to Sifnos on the ferry, our next destination. Bonus!





















3 comments:

  1. Apellia was always our go to white wine on the islands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter and Jill, always enjoy reading about your adventures. I am guessing that this is at least your 3rd or 4th trip to Greece. Are you fluent yet? Enjoy the rest of the trip. Lynn and Earl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is our 7th trip to Greece. Nice to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying my blog. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Cuba Day 7, January 16, 2024

Our last day in paradise, is always a little melancholy on this beautiful sunny day. Saying goodbye to the wonderful Cubans we have met. We ...