Saturday 12 January 2019

Sydney, Australia 2019 Day 8

Today Jill and I decided to stretch ourselves by walking 10 km to Watsons Bay. It took us 3 1/2 hours with stops at Red Leaf Pool where my Dad taught me how to swim. It’s also where he and his friends harvested at least 10 lbs of mussels from the bar enclosure and cooked them up at our place with lots of beer to wash them down. A great memory. 

The road to Watsons Bay was filled with beautiful houses and awesome views of Sydney. It was hot, but we were determined to push ourselves.

By the time we got to Watsons Bay we were exhausted. A schooner of Fat Yak pale ale at the Watsons Bay Hotel fixed us up. Then we walked up to see the south head, which is sadly known as a prime spot for leaving this world. A very dramatic spot like no other. Sad and beautiful.

We took the bus back to Kings Cross and popped into Harris Farms to get some shrimp and scallops for tonight’s dinner for my version of Fettuccini Natasha. I used spaghetti and added the shrimps and scallops to smoked salmon - one of my favourite recipes. It was so good. It beats anything we have had in a restaurant for a fraction of the cost. 

We ended the night listening to John Prine and a few of my CD’s from days gone by.


































1 comment:

  1. These photos are fabulous! Another super day. This morning when we went for our walk we were having a King Tide, as high as it gets, and it reminded me of Red Leaf Pool. I used to love it when it was high tide and I was telling Doug about it. A few hours later there is a photo of the pool, how awesome. It is a lot bigger than I remember...so beautiful. Those cliffs are stunning!
    I love your blog so very much and all your photos...Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Cuba Day 7, January 16, 2024

Our last day in paradise, is always a little melancholy on this beautiful sunny day. Saying goodbye to the wonderful Cubans we have met. We ...