We took the 9am ferry from Kos to Kalymnos, a one hour ride. From the port we took a taxi across the island to Melitsahas Beach. Our studio has a magnificent view of Telendos Islet, a short ferry ride away. It appears our place comes with a friendly, loving cat, a real sweetie. We stocked up on essentials at the mini market and once settled in, we checked out the restaurants in the area for lunch. We were hungry. I had octopus and Jill chose moussaka, both were delicious. The temperature was a dry 27. We decided to explore the other beaches along the shore, which took us to a larger market shop. The beaches are either dark sand or rocky with some seaweed. We managed to collect some choice rocks for dot art and for necklaces before we headed back with some more provisions for our room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Torremolinos, Spain, May 14, 2026
We are nearing the end of our Spanish holiday. We had a wonderful time but are looking forward to going home and reuniting with Molly. We mi...
-
I would like to know who is reading my blog so please add your name in a comment. Please note that Apple has a problem with blogspot so you...
-
We had our last breakfast at the Blue Horizon and said goodbye to Maria and her mother. Our bus was leaving at 11 so we whe...
-
Milos, Greece, Day 2 A funny thing happened when I woke in the middle of the night. I started thinking about the boat excursions and...
Looks like you will be eating well. I was surprised that Jill didn't have Saganaki right away.
ReplyDelete