Tuesday 17 September 2024

Day 5, September 17, 2024, Kalymnos, Greece

We were greeted by another sunny day and our lovely loving cat. Today was beach day. Our hostess brought us a cake she had baked for our morning coffee. Steps from our place is a small beach. We rented two loungers for the day for 10 euros. After our swim and catching some rays, we had lunch at the beach restaurant. I couldn’t resist having the squid lunch special while Jill had a massive chicken burger. Then off to the beach for a swim and a snooze. Mid-afternoon, we headed back to our place. 

I sorted through the stones I collected for dot art and for the necklaces I make for Jill. I lined them all up on our patio table and rejected many. Then Jill helped me whittle those down to ones she liked. I’ve included a picture of the starting collection and the twelve finalists.

It was leftover night for dinner. Lots of pasta on offer plus olives, cheese, toasted bread, and salami. And wine with a stunning view. We are the lucky ones for sure.

















1 comment:

  1. I think it is time to give the cat a name. The fries in Greece always look so good.

    ReplyDelete

Day 10, September 22, 2024, Going Home

Our taxi driver was a Greek woman with a strong Aussie accent. She had moved to Australia with her parents in the sixties. She asked me what...