Tuesday 10 September 2019

Day 10, Paleochora, Crete, Greece

Day 10

I have not mentioned how perfect the weather has been.  The average temperature is 28 and feels like 28.  No humidity, just dry. The walk along the beach and back dries our swim suits in no time.

By the way, yesterday we picked up my beach stone from the artisan woman who was able to drill a hole into it.  She added a silver ring so that I can make it into a necklace.  Very happy about this.

We walked into town after breakfast to the small butcher shop and bought two pieces of breaded schnitzel and a slice of local cheese for dinner and fresh produce for an almost Greek salad, no feta. After our swim, we checked out three restaurants on the beach but decided to break our rule to not go back to the same restaurant.  We went to Papagalos because I was craving calamari.  Also the location is outstanding, across from the beach with a breeze.  We got a table right at the front with very comfortable wicker chairs.  While looking out at the sky, I spotted a small cloud, but by the time I took a picture it was virtually gone.  Can you spot it?  The calamari was as good as the last time which was excellent, soft and tender and cooked perfectly.  Jill had feta saganaki, which was topped with a home made tomato, onion and bell pepper sauce and
was delicious.  


Another swim and beach walk was in order.  We found some good practice stones for our stone dot art.  I am the novice but catching on, as Jill is a good patient teacher.  I found an odd shaped black stone on our beach walk which inspired me to create something different.  I could not proceed any further since the paint needed to dry.  While Jill worked on another layer on her stone, I prepared dinner.  The local cheese was excellent.  So glad Jill brought Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.  It is what schnitzel calls for.  After dinner, we took our bottle of Metaxa up to the roof terrace with an espresso coffee to watch the sunset.  We were alone on the terrace and it felt so awesome to be in this beautiful country.  We will miss it.  











2 comments:

  1. I love your stone, Peter...creatively done! The sunset through the glass is a superb shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allankah. I added more to this stone.

    ReplyDelete

Day two, Porto, Portugal May 7, 2024

We slept for over 12 hours and woke up refreshed. We were thrilled to have an espresso machine and lots of coffee, which went well with the ...