Tuesday 24 September 2019

Day 22, The End

Day 22

After our hotel breakfast, we went for a walk down to the Venetian harbour in Chania.  We walked past the Marine Museum where waves were pounding the shore once again.  For one picture, I almost got caught by a wave that broke over the sea wall, but moved in a split second as I got the shot.  You can see my shadow through the sea spray.  It was beautiful.  We walked back through an area of old town we had never seen before and in fact, didn’t know it existed.  The stores were unique, but also somewhat expensive.  I had to take more pictures as we wound our way back to our hotel.  We checked out at noon and walked the few minutes to the bus depot where we caught the 12:30 bus to the airport for our flight back to Athens. 

As a special treat, we checked into the Sofitel located at the airport so that in the morning we would just have to wheel our bags over to departures. 

To my sister Allankah and friends, hope you have enjoyed my blog as much as I have enjoyed writing it and taking the pictures which take you along with us on our Greek holiday.

Cheers!















3 comments:

  1. A fabulous capture of your last wave, Peter!!! We walked that same path. Your blog is so wonderful, I almost felt like I was there...many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allankah. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Day one, Porto, Portugal May 6, 2024

Our adventure started at noon on Sunday when were picked up by Red Car for our ride to the airport. We celebrated while we killed time at th...