Sunday 2 September 2018

Milos, Greece, Day 1
My darling sister reads my blog daily. She craves every detail. So I do this for her.

We left Toronto on a Lufthansa A330-300 to Munich. Great service. The highlight of our 7 hour flight was the approach to Munich. We flew over some of the most picturesque farmland connected with beautiful neat as a pin small villages. After a short layover, we connected with another Lufthansa flight to Athens. It was cold and rainy in Munich so it was nice flying into the sunshine and warmth of Athens, another awesome city to see from the air. After a longer layover, we were taken to Milos on an Olympic Air 42 seat prop plane for a 30 minute flight.  We were met at the airport by Panos, one of the sons that works with his mother and younger brother at their small establishment, Hotel Regis. They could not have been more welcoming. Our studio on the top floor had a partial view of the ocean but the best was a large outside terrace with lots of space for a table and chairs, as well as two comfy sun loungers, where it was always cooled by the winds from the north called Meltemi.

After we settled, we headed out to the recommended fish restaurant, a short walk along the shore close to Adamas, the port town. This trip was our 45 year anniversary celebration so we splurged and had a bottle of bubbly and a seafood dinner. I could not resist having gouna, a Paros speciality, sun dried mackerel, which is then grilled. Jill had shrimp risotto with a heap of large head-on shrimp, not Jill's ideal shrimp but still good with delicious risotto. We finished the evening by walking into town to see the mega boats. The O'Matilde was available at CDN $420,000 per week plus expenses. The Ithaki was more reasonable at CDN$100,000 per week. We also looked at the various day boat trips available along the pier.







2 comments:

  1. I thought you posted your blog just for me. I'm sitting in the Crowne Plaza Airport hotel in Singapore where we were upgraded to Club level where we're having free Beverages and Buffet reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got back home last night and it is so nice to see all your photos and stories on my big computer rather than my iPhone. I did post a comment here but for some reason it didn't work because I don't see it, so I am trying Anonymous, because you know who I am. You write so well with wonderful descriptions that it is like being there. I look at the same blogs a few times...so thoroughly enjoy it. Many thanks for doing this.❤️

    ReplyDelete

Cuba Day 7, January 16, 2024

Our last day in paradise, is always a little melancholy on this beautiful sunny day. Saying goodbye to the wonderful Cubans we have met. We ...